Friday, October 7, 2011

Do-It-Yourself Glitter Manicure

I'm always pleased with myself when I actually complete a "project" I pin on Pinterest. So tonight I decided to kick off the weekend with a dynamic nail color. I've been loving the look of manicures with glitter lately (evidenced in my last post), so I decided to recreate the look myself.


I started by applying two coats of OPI polish to all of my fingers EXCEPT the ring finger on each hand. I chose the color on the left called La Paz-itively Hot. 


Next I put one layer on my ring fingers and shook some glitter on the wet polish - enough to cover the whole nail. 

Martha Stewart brand glitter is usually used with this style of manicure, but I opted to give this combo pack from EKSuccess a try. I found it at Target for half the cost of 1 bottle of Martha's glitter. This time I chose the bronze colored glitter. 


After all the coats have dried, apply a layer of topcoat. I used No Chip Acrylic from Sally Hansen. I also applied a layer to the nails with glitter, enough so the glitter is entirely covered. 


Once dried, the nail with the glitter is as smooth as the others.


And ta-da! It's as easy as that. My nails are in need of a professional trim, but you get the effect. It can be as unique as you are! 

If you try it, let me know how yours turned out...

No comments:

Post a Comment